Sound has stopped working, unknown cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound has stopped working, unknown cause

I wish I could tell you how or why but I'm very new to using Linux. The sound works fine when booting into Windows. But for some reason, no sound is able to be played using Kubuntu.

It previously worked earlier today. I think turning the volume up to 100 so I could hear facebook messenger easier, or having my laptop go to sleep, caused something. Restarting does not fix the issue, but again, still works under Windows.

The built in audio device is detected and appears to playback when testing in the audio settings. But still no sound.

I'm using an HP Power Pavilion 15-cb035wm laptop, which advertises a Bang and Olufsen built in sound system.

edit: Apparently running Deep Rock Galactic through Steam Proton tonight caused two things. 1st, caused linux to need to shut down the system now after sitting on the fully loaded title screen for 5 seconds. Second, apparently it restored my audio somehow? I haven't even attempted to run anything on Steam before this point.

edit 2: (Deep rock runs fine on Proton 8, not Proton Experimental. I should report this.)
Working...
X