Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 23.04 graphs issues

Hello,
    Today i have installed kubuntu 23.04 on my legion 5, amd ryzen 6800, rtx 3070 and the whole day i am trying to figure out why the graphs are sluggish/frezeing on the external monitor i have - aoc 27 inch 144 hz and i have found out tihs https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/...slow/247419/11 which resolved my issue. AT the moment i am running with the latest nvidia drivers, is someone aware if there will be a fix for this, since what i have done is more a workaround?
    Thanks.

Welcome!

So your issue is resolved now?

Otherwise:
    • External monitor connected to HDMI, Display Port or …?
    • Which Nvidia drivers exactly did you install from where?
    • Issue in Wayland or X11 or both?
    • Your settings in System Settings?
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jun 25, 2023, 12:15 PM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      Welcome!

So your issue is resolved now?

Otherwise:
      • External monitor connected to HDMI, Display Port or …?
      • Which Nvidia drivers exactly did you install from where?
      • Issue in Wayland or X11 or both?
      • Your settings in System Settings?
      Hello, i would not say resolved, i would say more workaround... external monitor is conmnected via hdmi, latest 530 nvidia drivers, i am not aware if wayland or x11, how i can check that? What exactly do you need from system settings, i have not touched anything in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by georgemilev View Post
        […]
        latest 530 nvidia drivers,

i am not aware if wayland or x11, how i can check that?

What exactly do you need from system settings, i have not touched anything in particular.
        So the Nvidia drivers are from the *Ubuntu repositories? nvidia-driver-530 or nvidia-driver-530-open?

You can check that in Konsole with echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE or in -> Application Menu -> System -> Info Centre.
        You could try both Wayland and X11 and see if the issue occurs.

If you use any scaling in System Settings, for example - or anything else that could be relevant.
        You could try different refresh rates if available and see if this changes anything.
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jun 26, 2023, 01:09 AM.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post

So the Nvidia drivers are from the *Ubuntu repositories? nvidia-driver-530 or nvidia-driver-530-open?

You can check that in Konsole with echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE or in -> Application Menu -> System -> Info Centre.
          You could try both Wayland and X11 and see if the issue occurs.

If you use any scaling in System Settings, for example - or anything else that could be relevant.
          You could try different refresh rates if available and see if this changes anything.
          530 closed, no i am not using any scaling, it's kubuntu outisde of the box just updated the drivers and issue appears, i have tried it 3 times...

Comment

Working...
          X