This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telegram & KWeather Flatpak Missing After Upgrade From 22.10 to 23.04

Kudos to the Kubuntu team! I upgraded this afternoon to Kubuntu 23.04 from 22.10 and the upgrade was smooth and boringly uneventful - the way it should be! I had Flatpaks enabled since installing 22.10 and after the upgrade, I still had Flatpaks enabled. No problems there for sure.

I had two Flatpaks installed before the upgrade including KWeather and Telegram. ( Here's information on the KWeather application https://apps.kde.org/kweather/ )

Interestingly, even though I had Flatpaks enabled before the upgrade and they were still enabled after the installation, both the Telegram Flatpak and KWeather Flatpak completely disappeared. Even the taskbar icon was missing - the launcher was there but there was no program to launch.

Since Flatpaks were still enabled I just downloaded the programs via Discover and all was fine afterwards.

I mention this as For Your Information - not sure how to file this as a bug report since I didn't capture all the specifics at the time and the fix was not even 1 minute to download the respective programs.

So, it seems like a very minor bug.

Again, the upgrade was fantastic.

When I went down the rabbit hole about 3+ years ago to use Linux, my first encounter with Kubuntu was confusing. But over time, I have started to embrace KDE Plasma. There are many fantastic distributions based on Plasma but I really like the elegance of Kubuntu. Primarily I like the stability and not having quirks to wrestle with.

Great job Kubuntu!

Originally posted by hjvKubuntu View Post
    the launcher was there but there was no program to launch.
    So, look in Discover for them. My guess is that the launcher icons/menu entries 'broke' somehow: new versions of these flatpaks are using a different location or a directory with a different name now. Something like that.
    This is more a bug in flatpak than in *buntu, I imagine. The upgrade would not touch the locations where flatpaks are kept, nor their menu entries in your user home directories.\

I see this every now and again with flatpaks, completely unrelated to upgrades or anything.

Comment

Working...
    X