Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn off mouse low battery notification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] How do I turn off mouse low battery notification?

Kubuntu warns and says that my mouse battery is less than 10% percent but that is not true! I use Solaris as all my devices that use batteries are Logitech. When Kubuntu warns the mouse battery is less than 10% then I check Solaris and it says 20% I want to turn off Kubutus warning since it apparently doesn't work with Logitech.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Check your energy/power saving settings in System Settings, in the Advanced tab. You can tweak the low level warning value down from 10%

The difference between the two readings is probably a difference in rounding. Solaar in my own experience tends to read high, so it may be rounding up to 20, while Plasma may be rounding down to 10. Which one is more accurate, I dunno. iirc they get their information from the same source. Wireless Mice and keyboards also don't always transmit overly specific battery levels.
    My Logitech mouse reads different battery over bluetooth than it does using the wireless dongle, in both Linux and when I checked it in Windows, for example.
    So it is a messy bag, all around.
    Last edited by claydoh; Dec 08, 2023, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Check your energy/power saving settings in System Settings, in the Advanced tab. You can tweak the low level warning value up from 10%

The difference between the two readings is probably a difference in rounding. Solaar may tend to read up, while Plasma may be rounding down. Wireless Mice and keyboards don't always transmit overly specific battery levels.
      My Logitech mouse reads different battery over bluetooth than it does using the wireless dongle, in both Linux and when I checked it in Windows, for example.
      Thanks cladoh I suspected it might be something I didn't know about. I used the word apparently because I wanted the sentence to read like I accepted that I might be wrong rather than what Grammarly my Firefox app for checking grammar said as it wanted me to remove the word apparently which I decided to put back. I had tried to use System Settings but failed to find a way until you said advanced power settings. Thanks for pointing out that setting location.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

On my laptop, my wireless mouse reads at 55% (in Info Settings - Energy). And has been that level since I put in the newest set. Run it until the mouse doesn't, then change the batteries .
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

I changed it to 20% using the advanced settings as claydo described and yes it did save the change but it still says that 10% remains so it didn't work.
          edit: I don't see why this would matter but just in case I am using rechargeable batteries that were purchased in the last couple of years so not likely to be failing.
          Last edited by steve7233; Dec 09, 2023, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Actually you caught my reply before I edited it. Turn the notification down, not up. This will keep the warning from happening as early. Raising it makes the warning happen sooner.

You probably can look through your notifications settings and see if you can disable the pop-up or other aspects for that event.

Comment

Just like in Kubuntu, my m325 mouse shows 55% with a fresh battery. In Kubuntu that value would remain until the mouse started behaving erratically. That's when I'd change it. On my Debian Bookworm installation the mouse reads 55% with a fresh battery. However, as I use it the percentage drops until it gets to 5%, about the same time the mouse become erratic. Then I change it. The m325 mouse is supposed to last 18 months. I use my HP laptop about 12 hrs/day. A couple of days ago I got the low battery warning a replaced it. It's been perhaps a year since I last replaced it but I'm not sure exactly how long. I've always preferred the m325 because it is very reliable.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X