Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasmashell at 100% of CPU

Hello,

For few days I get issues with my KDE desktop, plasmashell takes often 100% of my CPU and then I can't do any click on the taskbar to open the clipboard or to switch application for example.

I didn't change anything on my on my desktop, no new theme or anything else but the Kwin script Autocomposer which I deactivated and still have this issue.
    Before that issue I also increased the clipboard history to 50 entries, but I don't think this can affect plasma.

Also, before this issue I was using Wayland but switched back to X because my mouse was sometimes lagging!

What can I do or check, I'm about to reinstall everything!

Thank you,
    Vincent.

There are several plasma configuration files in ~/.config. The one IME most prone to screwing up is plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc. I suggest renaming that file, perhaps by adding something like .bak to the name, and immediately logging out. You'll lose the panel and desktop set up.

Otherwise, you could rename all the plasma files in .config.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Hello,

I have a Lenovo laptop with an Intel integrated grahic card and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 card.

I reinstalled all the system with Tuxedo OS because they sell laptops with this kind of video cards and now everything is working fine.

I had lost my nvidia driver and I add this on Kubuntu:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230918_123050.png
Views:	113
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	674077

Whereas I have now this with TuxdeOS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230919_193700.png
Views:	107
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	674078

So now my GPU is in use. On Kubuntu I had an average of 30 FPS with lows at 6 fps, so it was really laggy and for a copy / paste I could be waiting 30 seconds to get it work! On Tudexo OS I have an average of 60 FPS, whatever I do on KDE.

I'm not saying all this out of malice, I know it's complicated to build a Linux distribution but I think the architects of Kubuntu should take a look at how Nvidia drivers are integrated in Tuxedo OS, because let's face it, with Tuxedo OS it's top-notch.

Thank you jlittle for your help.

Vincent.

Comment

Working...
      X