Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latte Dock overlaps application menu. What setting, or fix is there? Recently switched from X11 to Wayland.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Latte Dock overlaps application menu. What setting, or fix is there? Recently switched from X11 to Wayland.

How do I fix this? The lower dock overlaps the application menu. I just recently switched from X11 to Wayland and I am trying to figure this out.

• Answer selected by Snowhog at Jul 10, 2023, 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
    Welcome!

AFAIK there is no setting for this.

Latte Dock works fine in X11 with several different distributions for me - in Wayland it does not.
    Why is that? I figured Latte Dock would have the least problems on Wayland.

EDIT:

I figured it out. I changed the visibility to "Windows Can Cover." Fixed the issue. Now, I just activate the lower dock with Meta+`

Comment

Welcome!

Latte Dock works fine in X11 with several different distributions for me - in Wayland it does not.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Welcome!

EDIT:

I figured it out. I changed the visibility to "Windows Can Cover." Fixed the issue. Now, I just activate the lower dock with Meta+`

Comment

I can't say (perhaps it has something to do with my individual desktop layout), but this is one of the reasons why I will give Wayland another serious try only when Plasma 6 has been released.

So you found the solution - and thanks for sharing!
          Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jul 10, 2023, 01:20 PM. Reason: typos

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
          install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Def not true, it (used) to work wonderfully in Wayland.

Originally posted by ldxza View Post
            Why would you say that? It only gained wayland support later in its life, past 0.9, and mostly from building from git code.

It is good that it is working for you.
            I had to stop using the abandoned Latte dock as my panels always covered windows, making it show on top of full-screen items, and covering the bottom of maximized windows,
            it seems to be broken for different people in different ways these days.
            Last edited by claydoh; Jul 27, 2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
              Def not true, it (used) to work wonderfully in Wayland.
              Well, it is true for me - as I wrote. With my settings it is quite messed up in Wayland with Plasma 5.24 and 5.27 - but I don't care enough to find out why, because I don't use Wayland yet.

Comment

Latte is no longer maintained, since last July, so it is slowly bit-rotting as Plasma versions update. My particular problem occurred in both X11 and Wayland. Somewhere in the vicinity of Plasma 5.26, if not a little earlier.

Comment

I can't say (perhaps it has something to do with my individual desktop layout), but this is one of the reasons why I will give Wayland another serious try only when Plasma 6 has been released.

So you found the solution - and thanks for sharing!
                  It works. Because I am not about to drop another dock application. I let go of Cairo Dock a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                    Latte is no longer maintained, since last July, so it is slowly bit-rotting as Plasma versions update. My particular problem occurred in both X11 and Wayland. Somewhere in the vicinity of Plasma 5.26, if not a little earlier.
                    That sucks! Where is a decent dock app that is steadily maintained?

Comment

That sucks! Where is a decent dock app that is steadily maintained?
                      It isn't Cairo Dock, that is ancient and not maintained as far as I can tell, unless there are forks of it hiding on Github.
                      There is Plank, which seems to have had some small edits this year, but no new release since 2019. Lacks wayland support iirc.

Comment

Plank always behaved strangely in KDE Plasma for me (it does work fine in GTK DEs) - I have to admit I only have tested it in VMs with Plasma, though…
                        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jul 28, 2023, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X