No announcement yet.

Vivaldi as default browser can't authenticate desktop applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Vivaldi as default browser can't authenticate desktop applications

For some reason when a desktop app requires web authentication, Vivaldi will be able to focus on the app, but not pass the needed data to authenticate in it. Had it in Slack, for instance, where I had to copy a link that Vivaldi gets, and paste it to Firefox for it to work. How can this be mitigated?

I think at first it would be relevant to know if those programs are "native" packages/.deb or Snaps, Flatpaks or AppImages.
    With Flatpaks the program Flatseal or in Plasma 5.27 the System Settings' "Flatpak settings" might lead to a solution.
    If the problem can not be connected to one of the "containerized" formats it could be a setting in or for Vivaldi or simply be a bug in Vivaldi.

Unfortunately I cannot recreate your problem as I don't use Vivaldi or Slack at all and my Firefox is a "native" program.
    Perhaps others do…
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 15, 2023, 10:14 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Working...
    X