Can't install a Flatpak game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Can't install a Flatpak game

I'm trying to install Warble, a Flatpak game similar to Wordle. I first read of this on Linus Links, and installed it successfully on my 22.10 setup without problems, following the instructions in the article. Due to HD death, I'm trying to recover what I had before, but so far I can't seem to install this nice little game. Here's what I get:

steve@steve-B460MDS3HV2:~$ flatpak install flathub com.github.avojak.warble
    Looking for matches…
    error: No remote refs found for ‘flathub’

​Am I missing some repository? I'm using 22.10 freshly installed.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 18, 2023, 07:17 PM.

See https://flatpak.org/setup/Ubuntu

You need to add the flathub repository first.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You have to add the Flathub repo in Konsole first as Snowhog said:
      flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

and if you have not installed the Flatpak support for Discover yet (so you can browse/install/update Flatpaks in Discover):
      sudo apt install plasma-discover-backend-flatpak
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Feb 18, 2023, 05:06 PM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Thanks to you both for responding. I now have the game installed. Love this forum!

Comment

Had some difficulty setting up flatpak to install JASP, finally found the answer in this thread. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X