No announcement yet.

Konsole no longer dies with Alt-F4 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Konsole no longer dies with Alt-F4 ??

Normally I can hit Alt-F4 to kill a konsole window. This still works, as long as no process is running inside konsole.

Normally, if a process is running, a dialog would pop up and say something like "close konsole and child processes?".

Today, in the midst of a flurry of rapid opening and closing of consoles, some other dialog appeared and I accidentally clicked through it somehow. I don't know how or why it appeared this time. This other dialog apparently had some kind of setting in it that disabled the ability to close konsole with alt-f4 when child processes are happening; alternately it may have been the normal dialog and just had a "don't ask again" option that I hadn't seen before. Now Alt-F4 is simply ignored in konsole if a child process is running (no dialog appears).

I've looked through the konsole configs and I can't seem to find where this was set, or figure out how to revert the setting. Anyone have a tip?

Thanks!

Possibly this button in the configure window

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230113_235858.png
Views:	103
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	667765

Comment

That's it! Thanks. I was caught up in "Edit Current Profile" and didn't realize there was a whole separate configuration section.

Comment

Working...
      X