Where do I edit Custom Shortcuts now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I edit Custom Shortcuts now?

The Custom Shortcuts option no longer appears in Quick Settings. My previously created Custom Shortcuts still work but there is no longer anywhere I can find to change them or add new ones. Has this function moved, or been replaced, or has the Quick Settings tool been munged and the access to the tool eliminated? What is going on with Shortcuts?

By 'Quick Settings', do you mean System Settings? Quick Settings is just the main home page within System Settings.

They did finally roll all the shortcuts into one UI instead of having two. Or rather, three separate sections at one point
    Use the search function for an application or action to edit, and any related apps or components and relevant shortcuts .

Here, I searched for (part of ) Activity to create a custom shortcut to switch to one of mine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221222_191325.png Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	667375
    In this particular case, also note I could also have simply searched for the Activity name

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221222_191116.png
Views:	105
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	667376

Comment

I figured it out. It's because I switched to Wayland to resolve the issue with the external monitor sizing. I'm definitely not going to be using Kubuntu going forward. Upgrading is too risky. I'm better off using something like MocaccinoOS that's still in beta than Kubuntu. It's easier to back out of changes.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        By 'Quick Settings', do you mean System Settings? Quick Settings is just the main home page within System Settings.

They did finally roll all the shortcuts into one UI instead of having two. Or rather, three separate sections at one point
        Use the search function for an application or action to edit, and any related apps or components and relevant shortcuts .

Here, I searched for (part of ) Activity to create a custom shortcut to switch to one of mine.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20221222_191325.png Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	667375
        In this particular case, also note I could also have simply searched for the Activity name
        ridiculus
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221222_191116.png Views:	3 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	667376
        Yeah, I tried that. It won't let me edit my already created shortcuts. All I actually needed to do was to see what I had set and I couldn't even do that. KDE/X11 style custom shortcuts don't seem to be editable in Wayland, but they work in Wayland if created under X11, but that's a ridiculous workaround, especially in linux. Also, since you're a Wayland user you might not be aware of just how much more powerful the custom shortcuts are under X11. The wayland custom shortcuts are just alternate launch keys, the X11 custom shortcuts are like scripts.

Last edited by mappop; Dec 22, 2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X