Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation not working

Hi,

Trying to install kubuntu 22.10 on a disk which already have a working manjaro installation on it. In disk setup I select "manual":

Click image for larger version

Name:	kubuntu-disk-setup.png
Views:	333
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	666430

After pressing Install Now the following message appears:

Name:	kubuntu-error-message.png
Views:	339
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	666431
    If I press Continue the progress bar at the bottom of the installer window is displayed:

Name:	kubuntu-installer-freeze1.png
Views:	301
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	666432

And stays like this, nothing happenes, the installation never finishes.

What could be the problem?

TIA

The "biosgrub" partition would be used by a BIOS/GPT install, but there's a EFI system partition. That's confusing to me, and I think the installer is confused too. In 2022 we should be leaving the 1980s BIOS behind.

Maybe you booted the Ventoy device in BIOS mode? How different computers boot in BIOS or UEFI mode differs a lot; you may have to choose a different boot option to get a UEFI boot.

Do you want to keep the Manjaro installation, and dual boot with Kubuntu? It appears not, since you're formatting the only partition Manjaro could be on. If so, I suggest wiping the device first, maybe using gparted from a live session. Or choosing the "use the whole disk" option.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Full Disk Encryption doesnt work. From 20.03 till 22.10 not working. Installer crush. I have efi partition 100MB (made by windows) unencrypted boot partitionssize 1GB (512MB is ok, but this is safer) and all other in root encrpyted partiotion with Luks2
      Please fix this in installer

Solution is to install Ubuntu and then change flawor with command

apt install kubuntu-desktop

Reboot
      When select user at login, in right bottom select plasma wayland or plasma (x11)

terminal with root

apt purge --autoremove ubuntu-desktop ubuntu-desktop-minimal ubuntu-session
      apt purge --autoremove

Thats all.

Comment

Working...
      X