installation from live stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] installation from live stalls

I successfully booted v22.10 from usb and selected Install. It got to the point of update and other software. I only selected normal install option. The spinner then kept going for twenty minutes. I repeated several times. It would go no further.

I also reburnt the ISO on to the USB using a different prog (Rufus and then Live USB) but no change.

I was able to run it Live OK.

Any ideas please?

Don’t select the option to update during installation, and don’t select to install third party software.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, that is what I did at least twice.I've had problems with previous distros that insist on scanning all my SSDs which are for Windows on the same desktop PC. I boot from an SSD if I want Linux using the EFI boot option. Is this relevant? I don't want to have to unplug all my windows SSDs every time nor do I want to dual boot from my Win 11 SSD.

Comment

Finally. I had to disconnect my SATA drives used by windows, and then it installed fine. After, with those drives reconnected, it booted OK.

Comment

Working...
        X