Problems connecting to the internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems connecting to the internet

Hello, nice to meet you, I have to contact you because I have problems connecting to the Internet, the only way I can work with the Internet is by connecting my mobile to the PC. I googled some possible solution but it was impossible for me, I insist that the problem is drives.​

Thank.

Hello,
    to get better help you should provide some more details, e.g.:
    Do you try to connect to the Internet via Ethernet or WiFi and if possible a better description of what you are doing and what is (not) happening.
    Have a nice day.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Ok maybe this will help, I don't have either of the 2 (Ethernet, wifi)​

pablonico@pablonico-Escritorio:~$ ip a
      1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
      link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
      inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
      valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
      inet6 ::1/128 scope host
      valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
      2: enp4s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
      link/ether 1c:1b:0d:0d:a1:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
      3: wlp6s0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN group default qlen 1000
      link/ether 84:16:f9:fe:c4:af brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

​if you need another command that helps let me know​

thank.

Comment

pablonico Your ip a output shows both wired (enp4s0) and wireless (wlp6s0). The wireless is DOWN. The wired is UP.

Review your Network Connections (System Settings > Connections)
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by pablonico View Post
          Ok maybe this will help, I don't have either of the 2 (Ethernet, wifi)​ […]
          Just for clarification:
          Ethernet ≈ wired network (because in 99,9% of the private use cases you use an Ethernet cable for the connection)
          Wi-Fi ≈ wireless network (technically I think Wi-Fi is the group of network protocols used)
          So according to your ip a you are lucky to have both possibilities. ;-)

I guess you want to connect to a wireless network then? Do you use a built-in wireless adapter (e.g. in a laptop) or an exernal USB adapter (e.g. for a desktop computer)?
          Otherwise as Snowhog said.
          Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Nov 21, 2022, 12:03 PM.
          Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
          Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

if you are connected via tethering your phone, or via Ether net cable. go to a termnal and install inix
            Code:
            sudo apt install inxi
            once install go to the terminal and type this command
            Code:
            inxi -Nn
            and post the results back here
            Also issue this command and post the results here.
            Code:
            rfkill list
            Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
            X