WebCam lost support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] WebCam lost support

After upgrading from 22.04 to 22.10 my WebCam (MS LifeCam VX-700) is no longer working. No support in kernel 5.19? What to do?
    Last edited by hallergard; Oct 31, 2022, 11:29 AM.

Tried "dmesg" and among error messages "xhci_hcd" "AMD-Vi" and "iommu" sticks out. Not too familiar with this, but suppose that the 5.19 kernel does not agree with something on my motherboard GA-970A-DS3P.

Decided to reinstall the 5.15 kernel (which I unfortunately had already deleted) and protected it from autoremove in the future. Yes with this kernel my WebCam still works.

Have the same problem with 5.19 kernel on Fedora on another partition on the same PC and the similar remedy: Reinstall and protect the 5.18 kernel.

Comment

Was not too happy about this work around, so decided to tinker with the bBos settings. Found that I had the IOMMU both enabled in Bios and the "iommu=soft" in the command lines. Disabling in Bios solved the Fedora problem. With Kubuntu 22.10 and the 5.19 kernel I could not get my mouse/keyboard combi to work. Moving it and the WebCam solved this for Kubuntu 22.10 (though it was not necessary with kernel 5.15) - WHY? Guess that will have to be a different thread.

Comment

Working...
      X