This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Opening applications in current activity

Hello, I configured two activities, one for general use and the other one for photo editing. I would like that, when I launch an application, its windows opened in the current activity screen. However, this not necessarily happens. For example, if dolphin is opened in the general use activity, double clicking on a folder in the photo editing desktop opens the folder as a tab in the dolphin window in the general use activity. This is very annoying. Is there a way to tell KDE tio open all applications in the current activity?
    Thanks

I can't reproduce this unless I go into Dolphin's settings and set it to open new folders in a tab.
    When un-checked (which should be the default), it should work correctly.

I am on Plasma 5.27, but this should be the same in your Plasma version, as far as I recall. I can't remember the last time I had any similar issue with Activities.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230504_135000-2.png
Views:	107
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	670650

There will be some non-KDE applications that don't play well with Activities, no matter what settings are used.
    Chrome is one, for me.

Comment

Thanks. I changed that setting and now dolphin works as I wanted. The other applications that I use work fine too.

Comment

Working...
      X