This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop shortcuts not launching

Hi all! I recently built my first Linux PC and chose to go with Kubuntu.

When I double click on a desktop shortcut to an URL, file or application, nothing happens. It used to work about a week back, but something must have changed since. I have tried changing permissions, checking "Is executable", but to no avail. Any ideas?​

I managed to solve the problem, in a sense. I found a thread online, where someone was adviced (in relation a similar issue) to use the command "sudo apt purge wslu". Whatever it's about, my desktop shortcuts and application launcher began to work once more.

After the next restart the system wanted to install some language related thing, which brought the issue back. I had to prevent the particular install to keep things working.

I post this here in case someone has is looking for a solution to the same problem. Also, if anyone out there understands better the likely cause of the issue and how purging wslu may have solved it, please pitch in – I'd like to understand what was going on.​

Comment

See https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...-from-programs
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X