Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XSane options windows get resized to an unusably small vertical dash, cannot be enlarged again

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] XSane options windows get resized to an unusably small vertical dash, cannot be enlarged again

Hi all,

I have a weird issue with the window manager (I guess). Sometimes, when moving windows, they get resized to small vertical dash (please see pics attached). This has mostly happened with LibreOffice windows, here it's not a problem, I can grab and resize the window or maximise via the context menu in the task bar. However yesterday it happened to the advanced options window in XSane, and the XSane options windows have fixed sizes, so no maximising or resizing is possible, I could not get the windows back to a useful size. Today the advanced option window in XSane is fine, but the standard options window is a dash and therefore completely unusable. In the case of the XSane windows I was not moving them around, they openend directy to the dash size. Has anyone ever encountered something like this? Any hints?

Thx a lot!
    Björn

Kubuntu 22.10 x64 X11

Did you try another user account to see if this is user specific?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply! I just tested with a Kubuntu and an Ubuntu live system, and in both cases the problem appears. So it seems to be linked to my machine, or is a bug within XSane? In any case it does not seem to be linked to KDE, so I will try to contact the XSane developers.

edit: There is already an issue for this: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/fron...ne/-/issues/43

Thanks again!
      Björn
      Last edited by Tiedemate; Feb 03, 2023, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X