Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search works fine, but results don't open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Search works fine, but results don't open?

As in the subject, desktop search works fine but when I click the result, it doesn't open. This seems to be specific to indexing results, since apps and other links open fine. A brief activity icon flashes in the taskbar but nothing launches.

You need to provide specifics, as your inquiry implies that any search result doesn't launch.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      You need to provide specifics, as your inquiry implies that any search result doesn't launch.
      I mean that any search items that show up in Krunner or Kickoff (from baloo index, which seems to be properly populated) such as folders, files, etc do not correctly launch when selected. Just flashes a launching icon on the taskbar briefly and then nothing else.

I'm on Kubuntu 22.10 with the backports ppa enabled and updated. It's a new install, enabled the indexing after all updates (including the ppa).

Sorry for the late reply.
      Just found that selecting the open location icon to the right of the result works as expected.
      Last edited by ekeluo; Oct 25, 2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

No insights at all? I've kept the system up to date and still the same issue persists.

Comment

Finally today found out the the problem is caused by a package wslu which is installed as a dependency of gimp-help-en. Uninstalling it fixed the problem.
          More here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/1978842

Comment

Working...
          X