Bogus double-click on Microsoft Edge title bar when tiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogus double-click on Microsoft Edge title bar when tiled

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but I'm not sure of where to task. I'm using Kubuntu backports on top of Ubuntu 2022.04 LTS (long story) and there's a little problem that's driving me crazy.

I use Microsoft Edge with the only purpose of running Teams as PWA. It lies around in my vertical side monitor, tiled to the bottom half of the screen. Almost every time I click on the window title bar in order to focus, it appears to register my click as double click, and does the double-click action, which is to un-tile the window.

When I've had such problems in the past it was always a faulty switch in the mouse button, but this cannot be a hardware issue because it only happens with Teams window when it's tiled. It doesn't happen when the window is no tiled. It doesn't happen when I click inside the window. It doesn't happen with any other application. It only happens when click on title bar of Edge tiled windows.

Any idea of what else I can to do troubleshoot this?

Try a new user account - if it also does occur there you can at least be sure it is nothing within your main user's directory (like a setting or a cache file).
    In case it doesn't occur in a new user account, then you know where to begin looking (then I would begin with deleting the contents of the main users's .cache/ directory first from a tty, then look at setting files…).
    Sometimes also something like e.g. a third-party KWin script or plasmoid can be responsible for the weirdest things…
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 16, 2024, 05:31 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
    X