No announcement yet.

Changing first day of week from Sunday to Monday in calendar widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Changing first day of week from Sunday to Monday in calendar widget

In the United States, the standard first day of the week is Sunday, but I prefer how it's done in most European countries, where it's Monday. I've been going into System Settings to try to make this simple change, but I can't seem to find where to do this. I even have some old instructions saved in my CherryTree database, but those appear to be out of date. I've gone into System Settings ==> Regional Settings, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. My instructions say to look for "First day of the week", but I can't find that or anything similar. I tried going Formats and then changing the Time to "Switzerland" where I know they use Monday first, but that didn't help. If I right click on the digital clock and choose "Configure" it just sends me to the same place in settings.

? I would think this would be a simple change. Below are my saved instructions, which I'm guessing must be out of date.

1. Open the KDE System Settings. You can usually find it in the application launcher menu, or you can search for it by typing "System Settings" in the application launcher.
    2. In the System Settings window, look for the "Locale" or "Regional Settings" category. This category might be located under the "Personalization" or "System" sections, depending on your KDE version.
    3. Click on "Locale" or "Regional Settings" to open its settings page.
    4. Look for the option to customize the "First day of the week" or "Week starts on" setting. This setting determines which day appears as the first day of the week in calendars.
    5. Select "Monday" from the dropdown menu or options provided.
    6. Once you've selected Monday as the first day of the week, close the System Settings window.

After changing this setting, the calendar in KDE applications and widgets should display Monday as the first day of the week instead of Sunday.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

Yeah, a bit outdated. For at least Plasma 5.22 and up, just right click on the widget >> Configure Digital Clock >> Calendar

Comment

If I right click on the Digital Clock in the Panel and select Configure, the settings are there for changing the day of the week.

https://is.gd/MrV9Fg
      Attached Files
      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

That worked! You guys are the best. Thank you. I had hunted all through settings trying to find that. I've saved the new instructions in my CherryTree database so that I have it next time I need to set up from scratch.
        Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
        ================================

Comment

Working...
        X