Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Yakuake not scrolling up/down with F12

Dear community,

Like the heading says, Yakuake is not responding to the default setting where F12 makes it scroll down or up, forcing me to launch again and again once I loses focus. F12 is actually assiged to Yakuake for Open/Retract under "Configure Keyboard Shortcuts - Yakuake" as well as under "Shortcuts - System settings". Yet, it does not follow the settings.

I was sometimes able to make it work (I don't remmember how, I just set the bindings and worked), but as soon as I log out or reboot, it is all lost and F12 does not work. Could you please help me solve this annoyance?

Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by majortom; Mar 01, 2024, 09:29 AM.

By the way, I also tried the remedies listed here:
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/1494...ading-to-22-04
    without success.

Comment

X11 or Wayland ? If you don't know enter echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE in Konsole.​

Did you try if this also happens in another (new) user account?
      If it doesn't you could delete the caches and the Yakuake settings files of the affected user in Konsole :

cd /home/[name of the affected user]
      rm -r .cache/*
      rm .config/yakuakerc
      rm -r .local/share/yakuake

Log out and in again with the affected user and try if the problem still occurs.

PS: If you want to do this from another user account (what I always recommend for the cache files) you will have to use elevated privileges.
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Feb 29, 2024, 02:54 AM. Reason: added PS
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Thanks Schwarzer Kater, I deleted the caches and configs, and now F12 works again as intended. My system uses X11.

Comment

Working...
        X