Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dolphin and vlc and smb and mime... can someone explain kio-fuse to me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dolphin and vlc and smb and mime... can someone explain kio-fuse to me???

Hi forum

in dolphin's networking tab on the left hand side, I have defined some smb network locations in order to browse some easily. When I click on them, I notice some kind of "dynamic" or "transparent mount" created by dolphin under the address of /run/user/1000/kio-fuse-<something>/smb/ that is "mirroring" the content of the smb mount. In order to make a comparison, I can open the smb address and the mirrored location in dolphin's two panes.

Now what is strange is that when I click an image file on the smb side and the mirrored side of dolphin, the image viewer (gwenview) opens and displays the file without problems in both cases.

However, when I do the same with an mp4 video (the file type is connected with vlc), vlc only plays the file on the mirrored side, but nothing happens on the smb side.

Why is this and how can it be corrected? (Obviously, I don't want to use the mirrored address underneath /run/user/1000/kio-fuse..., since this address is dynamic and changes upon each mount)

Is this a question of a missing package, or even a mistake in the mime parameters that "connect" the file type with the vlc player?

Thanks for your help

Best, T
Working...
X