LibreOffice menu fonts are too tiny to see well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] LibreOffice menu fonts are too tiny to see well

I needed to use LibreOffice Writer for the first time since I switched to Debian Bookworm. I don't remember the UI font size being a problem ... but ... the toolbar menu option fonts are 8 point, and that may be generous. LibreOffice used to have a UI scaling setting but apparently that's been removed for some time and the dev's are adamant about not restoring the feature.

My solution is to create another KDE Menu entry title "SAL LibreOffice" and give it the following configuration:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAL_solution.png
Views:	113
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	675061 One could putz around and add that setting to other LibreOffice menu entries but this works for me.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Interesting. I have not encountered this so far as in KDE Plasma I always use the Global Menu and other fonts than Noto Sans for my systems…

Thank you for this elaborate solution! I will keep it in mind.

PS: Did you test if this also happens with LibreOffice 7.5.8 from the Debian Backports?
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Nov 07, 2023, 09:52 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Interesting. I'll add the backports and give the new version a try.

EDIT: After upgrading to the latest version in the backports the microscopic menu text is back to normal size.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 08, 2023, 12:10 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

GreyGeek: I had some more updates for LibreOffice 7.5.8 from the Debian Backports today. So better test if there is anything left to update in your system regarding this.
        (I like a little "risk", so I sudo apt upgrade -t bookworm-backports anyway… )
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
        X