Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure email service provider?

Hello,

I have been using Mailfence for while now, yet customer support has not been good lately for me. Any good secure email service provider you may recommend? That offers IMAP and POP3 (yet I have read that POP3 is obsolete...)

I use Evolution as mail Client

Regards!

Folks I know swear by Proton Mail.

I haven't set up an account for myself yet though!

Dunno about POP3...

Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

I've used protonmail.com for years, perhaps since 2016, IIRC. I have yet to see any infectious or even speciousness emails getting through their filters.
      Their adverts claimed that they did not log IP addresses but in 2019 a Swiss court forced them to release the logs on a Swiss activists, so protonmail was lying. But, I did not, and do not, use protonmail to hide anything. I use it mostly for sites that require an email address despite my wishes to remain anonymous. So, I use my protonmail address. About once every 3 or 4 months I log into that account and mass delete all the emails without reading any of them.

A few days ago I had my ISP create a second email address, not an alias, for me that I could use to do the same thing IF Internet connections between the continents became iffy. I really don't like connecting to email accounts with a browser and Thunderbird handles both accounts very nicely. So, I'll probably cancel my protonmail account.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        I really don't like connecting to email accounts with a browser and Thunderbird handles both accounts very nicely. So, I'll probably cancel my protonmail account.
        It seems that nowadays you can use an email Client like Evolution or Thunderbird with Protonmail, providing you have a paid email account with them; this, using their "Mail Bridge" utility, for IMAP.

Comment

Working...
        X