Annoying Problem with sudo password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Problem with sudo password

If you have KDE Partition Manager running when you shut it down and boot it up again the next morning it will ask for the password. If you don't enter it but instead try to update your system via Discovery it doesn't work until you enter the sudo password Then when you click update in Discover it ask you to enter the sudo password that you entered less than two seconds ago!
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
    KDE Partition Manager running when you shut it down
    Then don't do that

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
    boot it up again the next morning it will ask for the password
    You have the desktop set to restore things from the previous session (the default iirc).
    You can disable this, or add partitionmanager to the ignore, if you do this regularly.

My guess is that the first password is the one for Partition Manager, which always needs a password, and iirc is using a different process, and needs a separate password from other things, such as package management. I will assume this is probably a security factor, to prevent one thing from accessing another one.
    I also believe that the application that presents the password box is only able to show one instance at a time, so the first thing would be for Partition Manager.

Or some sort of bug.

Comment

Working...
    X