Sleep mode stoped working, screen black, computer unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep mode stoped working, screen black, computer unresponsive

As of recently my sleep mode has stopped working. Whenever I close the lid the screen goes black, except for the pointer, the computer fan keeps buzzing, but i can't move the mouse or use my keyboard.

Ubuntu studio 22.04

Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H
    Screen (s) 15.6 “Full HD IPS 120Hz 250nits Free-Sync (1920×1080, anti-glare)
    Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H Cezanne (3.3 GHz, 6 cores)
    RAM installed 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz, 2 slots (occupied)
    Graphic card NVIDIA Ampere GeForce RTX 3060 6 GB GDDR6 dedicated, Radeon RX Vega 6 and Optimus
    Storage 512 GB M.2 SSD (NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4, 2280) 1 free M.2 slot
    Connectivity 4 USB 3.2 Gen1 2 USB 3.2 Type-C (Gen2), HDMI 2.1
    Network Wi-Fi ax (2×2, Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth 5.1, Gigabit Ethernet​

Originally posted by LowkeyLokee View Post
    Whenever I close the lid the screen goes black, except for the pointer, the computer fan keeps buzzing, but i can't move the mouse or use my keyboard.
    This statement is confusing. How can you know that you can't move the mouse or use the keyboard with the laptop lid closed? Or have you omitted a key piece of additional information, like an attached monitor?

Or are you telling us that having closed the laptop lid, and therefore, entering Sleep Mode, that then opening the laptop lid doesn't 'wake up' the system, displaying your Desktop, and having functional mouse and keyboard?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X