Right click the task bar and Plasma crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right click the task bar and Plasma crashes

Hello, I am running Kubuntu 22.04 but this seems to affect previous versions as well.
    Sometimes, when I right click on the task bar, on an empty area or maybe a running program, nothing happens since it seems “Plasma” is busy. I right click again and then, it crashes, the taskbar disappears and reappears.

It seem as if I should not right click a second time when the system is busy.

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

Take a look at e.g. journalctl -a -e in Konsole afterwards, scroll up and see if you can spot some useful information according to the crash.
    Press [q] to exit.

Are there specific other programs always running when the crash occurs?

PS: Kubuntu 22.04 is running fine here without those crashes (with and without Kubuntu Backports, on bare metal and in virtual machines).
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jul 15, 2023, 03:19 AM. Reason: added PS
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

I'll try it the next time it happens.

Comment

Of course you could also always create another user account to detemine if the culprit is within your /home/$USER
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
        X