No announcement yet.

Notifier warns of Failed Offline Update - no other info I can find to fix it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifier warns of Failed Offline Update - no other info I can find to fix it

I was surprised to find that the version of Plasma in 22.04.2 LTS is no longer supported by KDE so I'm posting here to start looking for a solution. If there's a better place hopefully someone will let me know. Thanks in advance.

This machine is using the Ubuntu Pro update service if that matters, I'll look for a way to post error reports to them when I'm complete here.

I'm copying the KDE bug report info below with a link to the bug report and response I got.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=472050

SUMMARY

After update the machine hung. After reboot the error message shows up every time logging in. The two buttons - Open Discover works but doesn't show me anything, and Repair System doesn't do anything.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    1. Unknown. It's just there 100% of the time now

OBSERVED RESULT

A dialog box that pops up - graphic attached.

EXPECTED RESULT

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
    Windows:
    macOS:
    Linux/KDE Plasma: Kubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
    (available in About System)
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.7
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
    Qt Version: 5.15.3

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    X11

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I do not believe that offline Updates are enabled by default in Kubuntu, though I can' recall for sure.

In any case, whenever this sort of thing happens when they are enabled:
    Disable offline updates in System Settings, then try updating in Discover again.
    If successful, try re-enabling offline updates if you wish.

Originally posted by LGTrader View Post
    This machine is using the Ubuntu Pro update service if that matters, I'll look for a way to post error reports to them when I'm complete here.
    No, this is irrelevant to that, I don't believe Kubuntu's Plasma components are part of this.

Comment

Working...
    X