Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comic strip widget not displaying any comics in 22.04

Long time since I posted here but good to see this forum is still active

My question is simple. The comic strip widget seems broken on my system. No comics are displayed, I installed several comics but none of them seems to be loaded. I tried the widget directly and in plasmoidviewer. In plasmoidviewer I could at least see some debugging info and got the following message:
    Code:
    Either no identifier was specified or the engine could not be created
    Did find a relevant bug report https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=452596 but Kubuntu's version of Plasma should contain that fix according to the version number.

Now I wonder if some of you have faced the same issue and maybe found a solution?

It more likely is the specific comics changing their locations formats, or things of that nature. Plus the creators of the individual comics never updating their plugins.
    Testing on 22.04 and then testing the same random comics on the latest plasma, the same ones work or don't work on both. Most don't work, tbh.

Actually, One started working in 5.27, but still doesn't work in 22.04. 3/7 working vs 2 of 7 in 22.04.

Comment

Thanks for the response claydoh!

Your are right, it's not all comics I just didn't try enough of them. After digging deeper it seems like a difference in casing might be causing the issue. A working comic had
      Code:
      X-KDE-PlasmaComicProvider-SuffixType=String
      While a non-working had
      Code:
      X-KDE-PlasmaComicProvider-SuffixType=string
      In the manifest file (metadata.desktop)

Changing this in the non-working comic's manifest (twokinds for example) made it work

Comment

Case sensitivity. It matters.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Euroman View Post
          Changing this in the non-working comic's manifest (twokinds for example) made it work
          Great find!

Comment

Working...
          X