Unencrypted drive not automounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Unencrypted drive not automounting

Not to sure if this is software, but before I upgraded from 20.04 to 22.04, in a failed attempt to get support from KDE developers (it's not new enough). I wont swear about that.
    SO !
    V20.04 I turn PC on, and a popup box appears asking for password.
    V22.04 This no longer happens. I have to click on the actual drive, then a popup asks for password, then it is mounted... INCORRECTLY
    under /media/username/encrypt01 is now mounted as encrypt011 BUT the original folder /media/username/encrypt01 is still there

SO !
    Issue 1... How to get the encrypted drive to prompt for a password at boot

Issue 2... How to get it to mount as /media/username/encrypt01 NOT /encrypt011

Happy Easter, and Thanks Again
    Last edited by CharlieDaves; Apr 16, 2023, 06:54 PM.

Unmount and unplug the drive.
    Open Konsole and enter:
    sudo rm -ri /media/username/encrypt01 /media/username/encrypt011
    Plug in the drive again.

Did you enable automount for the drive in System Settings?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Are you sure that Dolphin is not just displaying the name or label of the drive, while still mounting it correctly?

Sorry, crap quality, didn't set anything up for this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
        Unmount and unplug the drive.
        Open Konsole and enter:
        Plug in the drive again.

I have now. I didn't realise it was unticked. Upgrades with Linux appears to be programmed by former Microsoft Software Engineers...

Didn't do this. I just unmounted, then deleted the old drive name folder. I cannot unplug the drive, motherboard doesn't support hot swap, and I'll have to shutdown & Startup the PC a few times, not to mention crawl around on the floor to figure out which drive to unplug.
        But hey.... Thanks for the info Schwarzer Kater

UPDATE--- As my PC was shutdown overnight (Bit of thunder & Lightning), When I Logged in, I was prompted
        Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
        ​ and it is appearing to work correctly ATM. I will see what happens next time I restart or shutdown PC, but for now all is working A-OK
        Last edited by CharlieDaves; Apr 07, 2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X