This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
    So it does sound like remembering to rt-click on Konsole and setting the scrollback limit BEFORE starting work is the way to go.
    What I do is create a new profile for konsole, since the "built-in" one is read only. I set it as the default, then change my scrollback and other settings there.

Comment

I think you hit the nail on the head! Creating a new profile is something I always do automatically in every terminal emulator without even thinking about it.
      That probably was the problem why he could not change the settings at all…
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Claydoh @ post 31:

That did it. I didn't delete the stock Default profile, just created "Mike"'s and set as default, then Settings > edit current profile > scrolling (on the left side bar), and set it to 5000 lines. Ran sudo dmidecode, and got all the output on the Konsole screen, and it all copied to Kate (1236 lines as read in Kate).

It was Solved before.
        Now it is REALLY SOLVED!

Many thanks, claydoh. 🥳🎉🎊🍾
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
          Creating a new profile is something I always do automatically...
          I use a bunch of konsole profiles, and I copy ~/.local/share/konsole/* to new installs (along with .bash_aliases and the like).
          Regards, John Little

Comment

That really is a good idea, especially if you just use Konsole for yourself (and I mostly do, actually in the form of Yakuake). But I also have other systems with QTerminal or Guake and computers that are not mine where I have to set up Konsole or other terminal emulators (like the Gnome Terminal *yuck*).
            I also have to say that my modifications in Konsole's settings and other terminal emulator's settings in general are moderate at best.

The question is (and that is why I have avoided such things when I "jump" between KDE Gear versions): what happens if you use the same konsolerc and/or ~/.local/share/konsole/* for e.g. Konsole version 19.12.3, 21.12.3 and 22.12.3?
            Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 26, 2023, 06:49 PM.
            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
            install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
            X