This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slack and edge failing to start.

Apps like edge and slack failing to start with below error.

ERROR:nss_util.cc(357)] After loading Root Certs, loaded==false: NSSerror code: -8018
    Kubuntu version:22.04.1

At first upgrade your Kubuntu 22.04.1 to the most recent version (Kubuntu 22.04.2), either with Discover
    or in Konsole (sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade).

Reboot.

If you have installed Edge and Slack as Snaps double-check in Konsole that they are up to date (sudo snap refresh).
    If you have installed them as Flatpaks also double-check in Konsole that they are up to date (flatpak update).

Report all errors that may have occured during the above steps or if the applications still fail to start with the error code after the above steps.

PS: How do you start the applications? I should have asked that at the beginning…
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 03, 2023, 05:11 PM. Reason: added PS and typos
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

You posted this in the 20.04 LTS forum?
      Moving........

Edge and some Electron based apps like Slack can be crap at times
      You may need to disable sandboxing and/or gpu support

Something along these lines:
      microsoft-edge-stable --no-sandbox --disable-gpu​
      And see if this works

I don't know if this is a bug in Electron or an actual issue with your system certs, but more likely it is Electron (easy to blame lol)

Slack is working fine for me.

Comment

Working...
      X