X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE freezes after some time of inactivity - Kubuntu 22.04

Hello,
    Recently my system started to freeze when computer is left for a while.
    Almost each time I found it with missing borders of the app windows and the KDE is inoperable​.
    I tend to reboot the system each time in order to get working GUI.
    Help!

That's funny you mention that as I've got a weird issue where it randomly freezes up, but does so in kind of a cascading way, and I can't figure out what's causing it. The only thing I see with any regularity is that Brave has just did a popup, and it comes up black, never fully loading, after which everything else starts going south. I tried reloading plasmashell but it kept saying it couldn't load plugins, so no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by megosdog View Post
      just did a popup, and it comes up black, never fully loading, after which everything else starts going south. I tried reloading plasmashell but it kept saying it couldn't load plugins, so no idea.
      I am having the exact same issue but not with a Brave notification, but with random notifications, I am not sure if the issue is the notifications or if that is how I notice it. But when I do and for example press on the taskbark it doesn't work and nothing is pressed on it, the browser works fine till I resize it and then it also breaks but other open windows keep working. I have tried the the following commands but they just don't work.
      Code:
      kquitapp5 plasmashell
      kstart5 plasmashell​
      nothing happens, it basically cascades and I have to reboot, the reboot command works! But all this sucks, I have already reinstalled kubuntu 3 times and it keeps happening. It always seems to take a while for it to happen.

Also my issue has nothing to do with inactivity, I am there working on my PC when it happens.
      Last edited by Thanos; Mar 05, 2023, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X