This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] How to skip sign-in on boot

I am the only person to use my PC, at the moment a log in dialogue appears on boot. How can I avoid this?
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 05, 2023, 07:13 AM.
  • Answer selected by Snowhog at Feb 05, 2023, 07:13 AM.

Originally posted by bill-lancaster View Post
    Thanks, but that doesn't give me an automatic network connection with any interaction.
    I have a number of applications that run at boot time, if there's no wifi connection they show a warning prompt.
    That's the useful info, as this is something else entirely.
    Again: System Settings >> network --Connections (or via the 'configure' option in the Network Connections system tray applet
    Select your connection >> General Configuration >> "all users may connect"

This one allows the WiFi to connect before the user has logged in.
    Else configure those applications to wait a spell, and not be in such a rush

Easier to load Wifi for all users before login.

Comment

System Settings >> search for 'login" (or go to Startup and Shutdown) >> Login Screen >> click the 'Behavior' button and go from there.

Comment

Thanks Claydoh,

Sorry, my mistake, it's the KDE Wallet that is asking for login password for network connection.

Comment

Ok, that should have been set up to use your user password and unlock at login, but this connection can get 'broken'.

An easy way to fix it that still works after all these decades lol:
          System Settings >> KDE Wallet >> Wallet manager >> Change Password >> set a blank password. It will give a warning message, but you can click 'ok', etc

Comment

Thanks, but that doesn't give me an automatic network connection with any interaction.
            I have a number of applications that run at boot time, if there's no wifi connection they show a warning prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by bill-lancaster View Post
              That's the useful info, as this is something else entirely.
              Again: System Settings >> network --Connections (or via the 'configure' option in the Network Connections system tray applet
              Select your connection >> General Configuration >> "all users may connect"

This one allows the WiFi to connect before the user has logged in.
              Else configure those applications to wait a spell, and not be in such a rush

Easier to load Wifi for all users before login.

Comment

Thanks claydoh,
                'all user may connect' was already set.
                Changed Wallet password to Null, now network connects without any interaction.
                Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X