Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copy use data (sites/tabs, passwords, bookmarks, history) from Firefox to a usb stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Copy use data (sites/tabs, passwords, bookmarks, history) from Firefox to a usb stick?

Can I copy the info in the Firefox I'm using to a usb drive so as to be able to import it all linto another Firefox? If so, how?

There are a lot "How To's" for this online, here is one example:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...refox-profiles

You could also use Firefox Sync to synchronize different computers/devices:
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/sync/
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jan 23, 2023, 10:27 PM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

I use FF Sync and it works very well for me. Good luck.
      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Thank you both. But your instructions seem not tot work in this case, though I'm glad to know how to get that info normally. The Fx I'm using is in a LiveUSB of Kubuntu, so the maintainers/devs have removed that folder from my access; Dolphin says that folder is empty. Because of my having accidentally deleted the Kubuntu from the flash drive I'm using and need to replace it (it's borrowed), I want to get all that information from this Live instance of Fx before I remove it from the computer. Apparently the devs don't allow that. Any solution?

Comment

Yes. the live session does not save or store anything, it is a read-only setup.
          The live usb won't have any personal FF settings on it, normally, so there should not be anything on the USB installer to retrieve.
          Unless we are missing something important here?
          It seems like we are vastly over-complicating things here, maybe, but this could be from missing those important bits of info we aren't asking for, or details we have missed.
          I admit I am confused, and am wondering why we are worrying about the minutia of an ephemeral, live USB.

Comment

The LiveUSB is borrowed, but I've accidentally erased the Kubuntu (nothing else) from its partition and want to return it intact. But since I've been using it for three weeks,* I want to save all Firefox data from all that use before removing it to repair it. I'm using the borrowed LiveUSB on my computer because of the greater ease of use (monitor, keyboard, mouse) along with a borrowed laptop with Linux Mint 20.04 on it for burning & saving personal data while trying to solve my booting problem (another post).

*I'm not getting consistent help in solving the original problem, which has entailed these ancillary problems. I wish someone or group would simply help me through these various interdependent problems in the original post. But since that seems to have been abandoned, I've resorted to asking individual, specific questions separately to get through the flash drive problems which need to be solved before I can return to solving the booting problem. Still, I am getting the help I need, even if in separate posts, and I really appreciate it all. I'm learning quite a bit am sure I'll learn a lot more before I get it all straightened out. So I thank you all for your help at every step along the way. I really appreciate it. I don't know what I'd do (I do, but it would be far longer and more tedious) without this forum and your help.
            Last edited by RLynwood; Jan 24, 2023, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLynwood View Post
              *I'm not getting consistent help in solving the original problem
              You have two threads going on this, so it's going to get confusing as to which thread to address.

If by "the original problem", which is in the other thread; having deleted Kubuntu from the USB stick while you were/are booted from it; I believe claydoh (?) already answered that: there is no way to reinstall the OS you are actively using, to the "booted device" it was loaded from.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

*I'm not getting consistent help in solving the original problem
                Maybe you need to "bump" that post, since many to most of us may have forgotten what that one was, amidst all the other posts here. Things can easily get pushed down the list of visible topics.

Comment

Yes, two threads. The original post was about my inability to boot into any OS on my computer. It's really screwed up, and I don't know whether it's in the boot loader or in the UEFI. But before I get to that, I need to know how to use my flash drives. I've almost completely learned all I need to know about using the flash drives for support.
                  Original post: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...lation-problem
                  I do need to know how to "bump" a post, especially this one. Thanks.
                  Last edited by RLynwood; Jan 24, 2023, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I do need to know how to "bump" a post, especially this one. Thanks.
                    Just post to it

Comment

Thank you. I've done that but with not too encouraging responses. But I'll continue (I just did on this one).

Comment

Working...
                      X