X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Bash broken after the upgrade to 22.04

Hello everyone
    I'm new to Kubuntu and I'm Ukrainian, so sorry for my (maybe) stupid questions, for my simple technical language and for my poor english.

So. Recently I decided to upgrade my Kubuntu to 22.04, honestly, my OS made me do this . And during the upgrade process it showed several messages about some errors - something like:

"Could not install the upgrades The upgrade has aborted. Your system could be in an unusable state."

and

"Upgrade complete The upgrade had completed but there were errors during the upgrade process."

and maybe some more messages, that I did not pay attention to.

Then I rebooted my laptop and found out that my bash terminal does not work. It opens but it does not show some info about my account and pwd (you know like: denis@ideapad:~$). It just shows white rect that is not even blinking and does not allow me to type anything.

I have tried to open vscode's built-in terminal - the same thing.

I have tried to uninstall bash konsole and reinstall it via the Discover Software center - nothing helped.

Please help me with this and tell what I should do and what can be done.​

Welcome to KFN. What version of Kubuntu did you upgrade from, and how did you upgrade?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Welcome to KFN. What version of Kubuntu did you upgrade from, and how did you upgrade?
      Hello. Thanks. Upgraded from 20.10.
      Small notification appeared in notification center. I clicked on it and then as usual - "Next" or "Continue" button.
      If you mean that, than - no, I upgraded it NOT via CLI of Konsole.

Comment

Reboot and from the Grub menu select Advanced options for Ubuntu then select the first (recovery mode) entry. When the graphical menu appears, down arrow and select network and press Enter. When you are returned to the graphical menu, down arrow and select root and press Enter.

At the prompt, type:

apt update and press Enter.

When the prompt appears again, type:

apt -f install

When the prompt appear again, type:

dpkg --configure -a​

If any errors were reported, repeat the commands again. Continue to repeat the commands until no errors are reported. Then type exit to return to the graphical menu. resume will be highlighted, so just press Enter, then Enter again.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X