Trying to get Ultralingua 6 to run in WINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Trying to get Ultralingua 6 to run in WINE

Ultralingua 6 is a language dictionary that I use with dictionaries like English/German and English/French. I've always been able to get it to run perfectly under WINE. It was one of the few Windows apps, in fact, that I could run without a hitch via WINE.

Until I updated to Kubuntu 22.04. Now suddenly, try as I might, I can't see to get it to win. Previously, I had WINE 6.0 and Q4WINE installed. I uninstalled both of those and installed the Flatpak package of WINE. It still won't run.

I'm thinking maybe I have to revert to WINE 5.0? Or is there something I need to add which will make WINE run 32-bit apps? I had some old code for installing 32-bit capability to WINE, but it comes up as redacted.

I checked on WINEhq, and it's ZERO help, none, nada, zilch since there's no entry for Ultralingua 6, even though I wrote a very detailed one there some time back. I had exact instructions, including screen shots, on how to run Ultralingua 6. They wrote me back with some absurd reason why they were deleting it. My post was the exact info on how to get it to run, including which version of WINE, and how I installed it, in other words, exactly what a person would need. But it's all deleted, as is anything anyone else may have written on version 6.

I THINK I might need to revert to WINE 5.0. Does anyone know? For now, I have it installed under VirtualBox with both Win 7 and Win 2K. I can use Win 2K if Ultralingua is the only Win program I need to run. Win 2K uses less resources.

But this is a major setback if I can't run Ultralingua 6 natively in Linux via WINE anymore. If anyone knows what I should do to get it running, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any insight.

One more detail:
    I do not have Ultralingua's setup program. I bought this thing years ago, we're talking maybe about 1995. All I have left is the install that was once on my Windows machine. I've still been able to manually install that under WINE in all previous versions of Kubuntu going back to 13.04.​
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================
Working...
X