X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FileZilla font size with Kubuntu 22.04

Hi there,

I've started using kuntuntu and I'm having a hard time using FileZilla because font size is too small for me to read.
    I have never had this issue before and I'm looking to see if anybody knows a good solution. It seems that font re-sizing is not an option in FileZilla.

Thanks,
    Ole

I think you only have two possibilities to increase the font size as it indeed seems not possible to change the font size from within FileZilla:

1. Change the different font sizes and/or types in Systemsettings -> Appearance -> Fonts
    or

2. Change the global scaling in Systemsettings -> Display & Monitor
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      I think you only have two possibilities to increase the font size as it indeed seems not possible to change the font size from within FileZilla:

1. Change the different font sizes and/or types in Systemsettings -> Appearance -> Fonts
      or

2. Change the global scaling in Systemsettings -> Display & Monitor
      Hi there, and thank you for your response.

I've picked up, that Filezilla is supposed to use the global system settings, which it seems to do on most DEs, or for most users. This seems, however, not to be the case for me
      Changing global settings and have huge fonts in all applications just to have suitable font size in Filezilla could work, but is not a good solution for me.

If no other "hacks" or work-arounds, I might just have to see if I can find a suitable alternative to Filezilla.

Cheers,
      Ole

Comment

Just try to increase the font size in Systemsettings -> Appearance -> Fonts slightly by one or two points (log out and in again after this). Perhaps you can find a compromise between readability and aesthetics…

You can always use the terminal for ftp, of course - if you don't need a GUI.

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

PS: And you can also use Dolphin as a GUI for ftp.

Comment

Thanks for the tips - I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
            X