Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freetube (Flatpak) not running: "Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Freetube (Flatpak) not running: "Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus"?

Hello everyone.

I've suddenly run into a peculiar problem that I can't seem to fix so I hope someone may be able to help me. I've been using the Freetube flatpak just fine until recently when it simply stopped running. I open the program and it immediately closes. Booting it from the terminal gives this output:

Code:
    LaunchProcess: failed to execvp:
    xdg-settings
    [2:1117/120656.324730:ERROR:bus.cc(399)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect
    to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
    [2:1117/120656.324796:ERROR:bus.cc(399)] Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect
    to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
    (node:2) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: 16% of the data file is corrupt, more
    than given corruptAlertThreshold (10%). Cautiously refusing to start NeDB to prevent dat
    aloss.
    at o.<anonymous> (/app/freetube/resources/app.asar/dist/main.js:2:38210)
    at o.emit (node:events:527:28)
    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)
    (Use `freetube --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
    (node:2) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error origi
    nated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by reject
    ing a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unha
    ndled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://n
    odejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2)
    Error: 16% of the data file is corrupt, more than given corruptAlertThreshold (10%). Cau
    tiously refusing to start NeDB to prevent dataloss.
    at o.<anonymous> (/app/freetube/resources/app.asar/dist/main.js:2:38210)
    at o.emit (node:events:527:28)
    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21) {
    corruptionRate: 0.16666666666666666,
    corruptItems: 1,
    dataLength: 6
    }
    I've tried to look online for the solution but haven't managed to find anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program and no other flatpak program behaves this way and it was working just fine until I opened my laptop this morning. I've even tried rolling back to an earlier snapshot via Timeshift but the same problem still occurs. Everything else is generally working as it should aside from a few problems I've had since I installed the OS some months back.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Finally fixed the problem! I'm unsure of what the cause was as I'm not super technically knowledgeable but for future reference if anyone else runs into the same problem with a flatpak program, I just ran the command

Code:
    flatpak uninstall --delete-data [flatpak application identifier]
    (e.g. in my case: flatpak uninstall --delete-data io.freetubeapp.FreeTube)

Simply uninstalling didn't fix the problem as I guess there was some corrupted stuff left behind that remained when I tried to re-install it but this did the trick!
    Last edited by Kefyr; Nov 17, 2022, 06:57 AM.

Originally posted by Kefyr View Post
    EDIT: Finally fixed the problem! I'm unsure of what the cause was as I'm not super technically knowledgeable but for future reference if anyone else runs into the same problem with a flatpak program, I just ran the command
    Code:

Code:

flatpak uninstall --delete-data [flatpak application identifier]
    (e.g. in my case: flatpak uninstall --delete-data io.freetubeapp.FreeTube)

Simply uninstalling didn't fix the problem as I guess there was some corrupted stuff left behind that remained when I tried to re-install it but this did the trick!
    great catch!
    That's is a good find, and will probably be useful for other misbehaving flatpak applications as well

Comment

Working...
    X