X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to compile software

Hi everyone,

I've just migrated from Windows to Linux and need some help...

As I do astrofotography I've some tools on windows that I need to migrate to Linux. One of them is the program called imppg (https://greatattractor.github.io/imppg/). In the readme section under point 11.1 is described how to compile the software for Linux.

I've manualy downloaded the source code and created the bulid folder. Unfortunately I get an error when I try to execute the
    Code:
    cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..​
    command:

Code:
    $ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
    -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 11.3.0
    -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
    -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ - skipped
    -- Detecting CXX compile features
    -- Detecting CXX compile features - done
    CMake Deprecation Warning at CMakeLists.txt:16 (cmake_minimum_required):
      Compatibility with CMake < 2.8.12 will be removed from a future version of
      CMake.

Update the VERSION argument <min> value or use a ...<max> suffix to tell
      CMake that the project does not need compatibility with older versions.

-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
    CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.22/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
      Could NOT find Boost (missing: Boost_INCLUDE_DIR)
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      /usr/share/cmake-3.22/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:594 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
      /usr/share/cmake-3.22/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:2360 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
      CMakeLists.txt:121 (find_package)​
    Can someone please tell me, where I've to add what?​

Thank you in advance
    Greetings
    Alex

p.s. I've installed cmake, wxWidgets (libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev) and Boost (libboost-tools-dev)

Have you installed the basic packages as described for Ubuntu 18.04, in section 11.1.1?

The error is saying that you are missing Boost. so I am guessing you did not install those. That list shown for 18.04 looks good, so install those and you can go back to step 11.1

There may still be dependencies that they forgot to list (this is fairly common), so you may still see errors similar to the Could NOT find Boost (missing: Boost_INCLUDE_DIR), which will point to what is missing. *Usually* a quick search for "Ubuntu could not find blah-blah" will reveal the answer, but asking here works about the same

Comment

Hi claydoh,

thanks for your replay. It seams that during the installation of boost the first time something went wrong. I've also installed missing packages that where listed in the section you mentioned (this I havn't seen yet.) Finally I could run the make command and compile the programm. As I also executed the
      Code:
      sudo cmake -P cmake_install.cmake
      command, do I than need all the folders that have been created during the compilation? Or can I delete them?

Comment

if you need to ever uninstall (new releases etc) you might want to keep at least the install manifest file, this differs per project though. Otherwise keeping all the dirs is up to you.

Comment

Working...
        X