Nextcloud does not appear in the context menu in Dolphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextcloud does not appear in the context menu in Dolphin

I have the Nextcloud client installed in Kubuntu 22.04 from this PPA: launchpad dot net/~nextcloud-devs/+archive/ubuntu/client

In theory, when you right click on the Dolphin file browser, there should be a menu to sync/unsync specific folders or files with Nextcloud. However, at some point this menu just stopped appearing.

If I launch Dolphin from a console, I see this message, when I right-click on a file/folder:
    Code:
    kf.kio.widgets: The "NextcloudAction" plugin still installs the desktop file for plugin loading. Please use JSON metadata instead, see KAbstractFileItemActionPlugin class docs for instructions.
    Any ideas what could be happening?

In my personal assessment, the plugin needs work. There is a similar bug report filed already on their github page:
    https://github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues/4425
    Bug description
    In a new Kubuntu 22.04 install, I installed the packages using the Nextcloud development team PPA (https://launchpad.net/~nextcloud-dev.../ubuntu/client ), including the nextcloud-client-dolphin package. However, the nextcloud context menu does not always appear when I right click a Nextcloud folder.

When launching dolphin from a command line, and I right click on a folder, I get the following warning:
    kf.kio.widgets: The "NextcloudAction" plugin still installs the desktop file for plugin loading. Please use JSON metadata instead, see KAbstractFileItemActionPlugin class docs for instructions.
    My suggestion is that you also file a bug report so that the issue can be elevated to the devs. Unfortunately we cannot fix that here. Good Luck!

Comment

Oh, I'm the author of that bug report, I wanted to link it here, but it didn't let me post any URL. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that their bugtracker is very active.

Comment

it doesn't seem that their bugtracker is very active.
        I noticed a lot of bug reports but not a lot of activity. Unfortunately, if they do not address the issues there is probably not much anyone can do to fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X