Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QApt not install severall .debs but Discover yes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QApt not install severall .debs but Discover yes.

Before change kubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 I downloaded several debs files por after install 22.04, install or try this software.
    Well, if click to install with default QApt indicate, unsatisfied dependencies, but very strange (for me) are tipicall software like edge dev, edge stable, opera, skype, teams, vivaldi...
    But if I open with disver, install fine...

Qapt is quite old, and getting crusty, it seems. Discover definitely works better in this case, but no one seems to be reporting bugs, or even clicking on the 'this bug effects me' link on the one report it has:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1952517

Comment

Thanks for the reply and the link.
      QApt is quite old... I imagined or tried to imagine something similar and I wanted to remember other .deb installation managers but others that I used in other distributions did not come to mind, it was years ago and my memory is similar to Dory.
      Indeed, I think the same, discover definitely works better in this case, but no one seems to be reporting bugs, for that reason I tried to find another .deb installer manager.

I was unaware of this QApt bug, I accessed the link, only 2 people indicated they are also affected by the bug, now there are 3.

I don't like to install the deb through Discover, if something fails or similar it doesn't indicate it (or so I think) knowing this, I will proceed to install through dpkg...

Greetings

Comment

I have tried to install gdebi, Discover does not indicate if any deb is missing dependencies or similar.
        Gdebi works, but it doesn't integrate with KDE, I only see an option to launch it from konsole.

Comment

FYI:
          You can also do this in konsole:
          sudo dpkg -i xyz.deb
          where xyz is the name of the deb file you are trying to install. If you are trying to install multiple deb files, you can put them all in a folder, navigate to that folder in dolphin file manager, hit F4 on the keyboard to open the terminal in dolphin, and then type:
          sudo dpkg -i *.deb
          It will notify you of missing dependencies if there are any. These apps will then show as installed in muon, synaptic or discover and can be uninstalled there.

Comment

Working...
          X