This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove lock screen blur

I have 20.04 with plasma 5.24. Is there a way to remove the blur effect on tyhe lock screen wallpaper/background?

Originally posted by gusz View Post
    20.04 with plasma 5.24.
    ??

Kubuntu 20.04 has Plasma 5.18. if you mean you are running KDE neon, there is a section for that distro

Anyway, I don't think this is possible without either trying different Plasma styles that may or may not have this built in , or editing some qml files:

Plasma Breeze LnF theme /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/lockscreen/LockScreenUi.qml has

Code:
    WallpaperFader {
           anchors.fill: parent
           state: lockScreenRoot.uiVisible ? "on" : "off"
           source: wallpaper
          mainStack: mainStack
          footer: footer
         clock: clock
    }

Adding there a line:

Code:
    visible: false

SOURCE: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?...152822#p399970
    (this begins with some edits for SDDM, the lockscreen part is below this)

I have not tested, but the file still exists in Plasma 5.24, and the edits are for 5.18 (Kubuntu 20.04), the code from then to now for this file looks pretty much identical.

Note that this is for the lock screen, the login screen (SDDM) is a completely different, separate thing altogether. I have no idea if the instruction in that post I linked to are still relevant for today's SDDM.

Comment

Apologies this is not my own system, and it's a Kubuntu 22.04 system not a 20.04 system, somehow I missed that. BUT ......

The solution described worked perfectly. I wouldn't have figured how to do that in a million years.

Many thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X