X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] ABOUT Me - Personal & FYI Kubuntu Forums Community

Ping All
    Attention Kubuntu Community.

I've just realised I have several "open" Threads that I haven't responded to, since late last year.
    Firstly I do sincerely apologise for this. I might get back to them.... MIGHT

1. Medical Mental Health Issue has Flared UP. I am not myself, so to speak. I have given up or I am not interested in older Threads I have started, like the NFS sharing thread

2. Personal, Last week My Dad passed, and due to Easter, the Funeral has a two week wait. Lot's of time to get my tribute written, spelling corrected, and grammar & phrasing correct. Present tense for me, Past tense for Dad.
    2.1 As much as this community means a lot to me, in terms of support, and those that have taking time to respond to a problem I have encounter (most are PEBKAC) problems, and how I have been writing these of late, comes back to point No 1.
    2.2 Due to Point No1, I will Accept NOW, any Sympathy anyone is thinking of writing or adding to this thread... More than Likely I won't re-read this thread for quite sometime.... But I do appreciate and Thank You all in advance, for your thoughts.

Charles

Condolences on your loss.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Condolences - I hope you have good people around you.
      Do yourself well!
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. This is mainly for Admin people.

Another Mental issue that has been identified, is that I get "Angry" very easier, and as such, I may lash out in a response. I usually abbreviate "Bad English" to * and the like. But still. I am aware it isn't fair to other users, and I am violating the T&C's, etc. I am not asking for special treatment, but at least, some more room to wriggle.
        Overall, it is up to this community, to decide if a post I make should just be deleted, or if I should be kicked out.
        Oh! And the source of my anger may not be this community. I just might be in here, reading, when that thought re-enters my brain, and I go nuts. (No Squirrel Jokes)

Comment

Just a formal FYI for kubuntu Forums.
          Following up to my Squirrel point, I do suffer with Multiple Mental health issues, the major one at this time, is PTSD/PTSS from early life. Yes I am seeking professional help, and I have a local "suicide group" number to call, and a poster I created with their number in 24pt format.
          Some of the forum regulars may have noted that I am interested then absent. This is true as PTSD/PTSS is affecting my control of my other mental health issues, as in I developed within mysdelf CONTROL over them as much as I could, but that control is now gone.
          As my professional mental health person has put it, I am like Bruce Banner and the Hulk(R)(C). One moment I am fine, me, trying to resolve some problem, then next I'm off swearing and borderline abusive.
          Once again I ask for no special treatment. Members and readers of this forum don't deserve to be abused or read abuse. I understand, it's just that if I get booted, I'll most likely sign up as someone else and take more of an effort to hide myself.
          Thanks
          PS. It's not about my Dad Passing, even thou I think he is haunting the house.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post
            Overall, it is up to this community, to decide if a post I make should just be deleted, or if I should be kicked out.
            I don’t envision seeing you “kicked out”. You’ve been forthright with your situation, even though such ‘personal’ information didn’t need to be shared, except that you felt the need to do so.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              I don’t envision seeing you “kicked out”. You’ve been forthright with your situation, even though such ‘personal’ information didn’t need to be shared, except that you felt the need to do so.
              Thanks for your honesty Administrator Snowhog. I sort of feel humble.

Comment

Working...
              X