This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] NOT a Kubuntu issues but I neeed some help Please

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221025_PIC1.jpg Views:	19 Size:	124.1 KB ID:	666169 Click image for larger version  Name:	20221025_PIC2.jpg Views:	17 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	666170 This is regarding VLC media player, and I've had this issue before, and it took a long time to find the answer.
    when I jump to fullscreen mode, I get the ?"toolbar"? popping up the same size as I've set the vlc window to default open to. "size and position". See pic 1

I have moved the bar to the bottom of the screen, which is where I like it to be but if the mouse or the PC thinks the mouse has moved then the fullscreen pop-up version appears, and the only way to get rid of it is to scroll the mouse over it, then off of it.

I still want the toolbar OSD at the bottom of the screen.. see pic 2

If my memory isn't playing up, this is something I have changed in plasma/kde. It isn't a VLC issue
    Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 25, 2022, 02:56 PM.

What VLC are you using, a deb, a snap, or a flatpack? I have only seen this behavior in the snap version. Purge it, manually delete local user config files, and re-install the deb. Problem should go away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadYoung View Post
      What VLC are you using, a deb, a snap, or a flatpack? I have only seen this behavior in the snap version."
      Honestly I don't remember. I think I used command line apt install.
      Whats snap?
      What is flatpack?

RESOLVED it. It is because I have set the window settings &/or Application to size and position apply initially. Once I removed these my problem disappeared. I knew it had nothing to do with VLC it's self.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post

Honestly I don't remember. I think I used command line apt install.
        Whats snap?
        What is flatpack?

RESOLVED it. It is because I have set the window settings &/or Application to size and position apply initially. Once I removed these my problem disappeared. I knew it had nothing to do with VLC it's self.
        Odd... I use that feature and VLC.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadYoung View Post

Odd... I use that feature and VLC.
          Yeah. I though so as well. I've always had VLC open in it's assigned position and size... Always. Maybe it just needs one of them as in just windows settings, not including application settings.

Comment

Working...
          X