This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snap and Flatpak command line commands

For most install I am using the Discover app for installing and managing apps. But in a few cases I select to use either Snap or Flatpak or AppImage, and then this comes to use.
    I think using command line can be a nice way to install and manage Snap and Flatpak packages.

Some commands for Snap:
    snap list
    snap find gimp
    snap search gimp
    snap install gimp

Some commands for Flatpak:
    Install flatpak:
    sudo apt install flatpak

Add flathub repository:
    (see documentation)

Install app Krita:
    flatpak install flathub org.kde.krita

List installed flatpak apps:
    flatpak list

Update the app Gimp:
    sudo flatpak update org.gimp.GIMP

Apps available can also be found in the web at Snapcraft and Flatpak sites.
    Last edited by Svein M; Jun 15, 2022, 05:13 AM.

So my question is, with Conanical saying they are doing away with flatpak now, are we losing some of the sources we have?

Comment

One could also just man flatpak or man snap.

But if one wanted to list important CLI commands for Flatpak and Snap management, some other important ones are:
      sudo snap refresh (to update your Snaps)
      flatpak update (to update your Flatpaks)
      flatpak uninstall --unused (to remove Flatpak dependencies that are not needed any more)
      And of course you can search for Flatpaks too: flatpak search package_name

And no, we are not "losing sources" - you can still install Flatpak in *Ubuntu.
      For Kubuntu 22.04 it is the same procedure as for 23.04 - except you would leave out the installation of kde-config-flatpak and install the Flatseal Flatpak (after Flatpak has been enabled) instead: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...atpak-in-23-04
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 23, 2023, 07:32 PM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
      X