Cleaning up system partition before upgrading to 22.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, got it!

Mine was not intended to be a scientific treatise on the use of the CLI, but rather simply a way to communicate that the CLI can be useful in a GUI-centric world. I don't really care that the order of operations is perfect, but using those commands takes little time, and can have very positive results.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Slightly OT:

You are welcome - and I didn't want to "step on your toes".

In case of apt autoclean and apt clean it is not about the order, but the main thing here is that they more or less exclude each other, so one should use one or the other.

In case of apt autoremove and apt autoclean this order is sensible, because you get the most out of autoclean after an autoremove
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

No worries at all.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
        X