ReInstall 22.04.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] ReInstall 22.04.1

I am running Kubuntu 22.04.1 on a HP Pavilion laptop. I have been using this laptop on this version for about 5 months. It was on 22.04 before that.

I am switching to a new laptop and want to give this one to my son. I want to put a clean copy of 22.04.1.

I try to insert the start up usb and I get a weird screen I have never seen before. I just used this usb to load onto another laptop and a desktop with zero issues.

I am not even sure what to say is happening. Here is an image of what is happening. After both of these 2 things happen kubuntu opens and I just login as usual.

Has anyone ever seen this before? What do I do?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

MOK management is needed or Secure Boot changes or setup, this looks like it is from your laptop's bios.
    You probably need to follow the prompts, maybe? Not sure why you see it on the live USB.

Otherwise, if you are not dual booting (and even if you are) you can disable secure boot in the bios and not see this at all.

Comment

claydoh - thanks for responding. I was able to find out the my bios did some kind of update and it was causing a validation error. I disabled secure boot and I am able to do the install. After the install is finished I will turn secure boot back on. I found the answer on askubuntu. Someone there had the same issue. Thanks for the help. When you said bios. I tried again and found the error. Once I googled the error I found the repair.

Comment

Working...
      X