This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer driver

Hi very new here. My question is does the 22.04 Kubuntu distro include drivers for Canon MG2500 printer? Thank you

Hello,

I don't think so (at least I could not find it in System Settings' list).
    There is a "MG2500 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (debian Packagearchive)" for Linux (64-bit) and Linux (32-bit) you can download from Canon's website that should work with Kubuntu.

According to the SANE list the scanner should work in Skanlite without any additional drivers.
    If it - against expectation - does not, there also is a driver on Canon's website for the MG2500.

Canon's support for Linux may not be perfect but whenever I had to download a driver for one of their printers during the past one or two decades it just worked - if a driver existed (one can always try to use a "generic" driver if none is available for Linux and the printer language is not proprietary).
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 15, 2023, 08:27 AM. Reason: typos
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Ok it took some thinking to realize you are in Europe and me the US. When it dawned on me I went to the Europe site and found the download pretty easily. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X