Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Automatic NAS mount

Hi all,
    How do I mount my NAS automatically on startup? Adding it to fstab doesn't work. Manually it works. It works well in Ubuntu 22.04.

What set of fstab options, exactly, works in Ubuntu? What is working on the command line? As Kubuntu=Ubuntu, there won't be any difference. Mounts there happen before the desktop environment is even loaded.

Any errors in the logs? KSystemLog can help here.

But without knowing *how* you are trying to mount, and maybe *what*, it might be harder to offer good suggestions.

Comment

On my desktop the script resides in rc.local or something, I don't remember because it's been a long time since I installed it. This script does it when running it from the command line: sudo mount xxx.xxx.x.xx:/Public /mnt/NAS. The fstab entry which is commented out for now is like so: xxx.xxx.x.xx/Public /mnt/NAS nfs rx,uid=1000,gid500

Comment

Actually I seem to have gotten it working: added the line to /etc/rc.local, which I had to create first!

Comment

Originally posted by aeh63 View Post
          ... added the line to /etc/rc.local, which I had to create first!
          /etc/rc.local is, or uses, an ancient Unix startup mechanism, which has been superseded by systemd on most Linux distros; systemd usually has a service to run /etc/rc.local if it's present.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
          X